Parmesan Crusted Veal CutletPrep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 6 minutes
- 1 pound veal leg cutlets, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped fine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness, if necessary.
- Beat egg and water in shallow dish until blended. Combine bread crumbs, cheese, and almonds in second shallow dish.
- Dip each cutlet into egg mixture, then into coating mixture to coat both sides.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Place 2 cutlets in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- Remove cutlets; keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and cutlets 1 to 2 more times, as necessary.
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper, as desired. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley, as desired.