Veal TenderloinsPrep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 thin boneless veal cutlets (about 2.75 lbs total)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Gala apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed
- 1 tablespoon jarred chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Steamed green beans (optional)
- Potatoes. Heat oven to 450 degrees . Toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking pan and roast for 20 minutes or until tender. Turn after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season veal with 1/2 tsp of the salt, 1/8 tsp of the pepper and 3/4 tsp of the rosemary. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal; cook 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate; keep warm.
- Add apples, onion and garlic to skillet; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and cider; add to skillet. Stir in remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and rosemary and remaining 1/8 tsp pepper. Simmer 1 minute until thickened; stir in mustard.
- Serve veal chops and potatoes with apples and sauce spooned over and, if desired, green beans on the side.